The other day I was talking about sex and relationships with my sister. She's not aware of my BDSM interests or lifestyle. It was just a generic conversation. Her and her husband have nine kids, yes you read that right. She was saying that there are times she'll just tell her husband it's 'now or never' and they'll spend 15 minutes having sex that she might or might not enjoy.
I thought that was so depressing. It made me think about other couples and I was wondering if that's what it was like for most people. That's not what it's like for me.
I'd like to say that Sir and I have crazy monkey sex every night of the week but we don't. We're real people with real jobs and real responsibilities. I'm up early and am fairly wiped out by 9pm. Sir is still in bed when I leave for work and a night owl. We have to just make it work.
Lately we spend our weekends trying to have all the sex and play we didn't get during the week. I'm not a big fan of this routine. I'm fairly sure that Sir isn't too thrilled with it either.
I am sure that many people would say that scheduling sex and play isn't "romantic." But then I've never considered myself to be a romantic type of person. I think that being practical has it's place in this area of relationships. I suppose that it has it's place in all area of relationships. This is something that Sir and I have previously negotiated. During the week if we want to engage in play we plan to go to bed early.
I'm not saying there's no room for spontaneity. But Sir respects the fact that I'm up at the butt crack of dawn and when I don't get enough rest it impacts my ability to do my job, take care of myself, and take care of him.
I love being awakened in the middle of the night by Sir so that he can take what he wants. And there are many nights when I'm eager to start something that I know won't be finished before midnight. I'm thankful that Sir is often ruled by his practical mind and he's quick to tell me it's time to sleep.
The reality is that neither one of us has the quantity of sex we would both prefer. The quality however is quite spectacular. We have our off moments as most couples do, but it's rare. Maybe I'm just getting older (and wiser) but I'll take quality over quantity any day
No comments:
Post a Comment