Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Five Years and counting

Five years ago today I met Sir.  He wasn't my Sir then.  That part of our relationship didn't start until a few years later.  Anyway..back to five years ago.  I had no idea that meeting him would change my life so much.  I certainly had no idea that we would end up together.   It was suppose to be just something fun on the side.

It's not an anniversary we can celebrate publicly.   I was married when I met Sir and the rest of the world doesn't need to know about when my marriage became open and what that was like.  And since my ex and I are friends I'm fairly sure he doesn't want the rest of the world knowing it either.  

In five years I've never once wanted to be unfaithful.   For most people that might not seem like a big deal.  For me it is.  In fact the last time I experienced that was when I was married to my first husband and I was 26, married five years with one child and another one on the way in another year. And while I'm still not sold on the idea of monogamy I certainly couldn't fathom stepping out behind Sir's back.

We've had a rough week, Sir and me.  Sometimes this D/s shit is hard.  And when there are issues with the D/s and in other aspects of your relationship it's just a recipe for disaster.  It's been unpleasant since Friday but I think as of today we are feeling a bit more optimistic about things.  And we were able to have a respectful and honest conversation about it.

I don't know what the next five years is going to bring. We're moving out of state in a few months. It's exciting and a little scary.  He won't be living in my house.  I won't be living in his house.  Instead we'll be making a life together. There are times when I think about it that I almost could see me married again.  But I quickly talk myself out of that :)

What I do know is that five years from now we'll still be together.  I've never questioned that we're in this for the long haul. It's just how it is.  And it feels different, but in a good way. When I was married I would say "I'm never getting a divorce."  But I'd say that because it was my second marriage and OMG I couldn't imagine going through another divorce.  It wasn't because I believed we'd be together forever.   And, well, you can see how that ended.  

Hopefully next year at this time we'll be in our new home on at least five acres and I'll have started purchasing a pig or two.   And maybe a cow.  And a horse.  You get the idea.

I just want to know....when do I get my anniversary beating :)


No comments:

Post a Comment